CSIR-UGC NET Exam Pattern/Format Books Sample papers 2017-2018
The CSIR (Council of Scientific and Industrial Research) performs national-level combined CSIR-UGC Test (NET) for Lectureship within Science subjects and in support of JRF (Junior Research Fellowships). Announcement of exam date and added details come out in Employment News 4 months prior to the examination. The test generally held twice a year in June and December respectively. SLET (State Level Eligibility Tests) are also taken by the individual states with about the same syllabus.
Eligibility A minimum cumulative of 55% (50% for SC/ST students) in Master’s Degree in the subsequent subjects:
Chemical Science 1
Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean & Planetary Sciences 2
Life Sciences 3
Mathematical Sciences 4
Physical Sciences 5
A student who has given one of the above exams and the results are yet to be announced, can also apply for this test.
For Junior Research Fellowship (JRF)
- 28 years is the upper age limit
- 5 years relaxation for SC/ST/OBC, female and physically handicapped applicants.
For Lectureship (LS)
- No upper age limit as candidate above 28 can also go for NET Lectureship.
- Objective type test
- 2 sections test of A and B with total time of 2 hours and 15 minutes.
- All questions are essential with cut-off mark. It will decide whether Paper II is to be assessed or not.
- Negative marking is present for wrong answers.
- Section A
30 general questions are given on Aptitude for Scientific Research, Computer Science, Quantitative Reasoning and Science.
- Section B
70 objective type questions on candidate’s selected subject.
- One paper of 2 hours 30 minutes duration. Candidate has to answer 10 to 16 questions.
- Use of logarithm tables and calculators is prohibited.
Here is the list of examination centers:
Bangalore, Bhavnagar, Bhubaneshwar, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jammu, Jamshedpur, Karaikudi, Kochi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Nagpur, Pilani Pune, Thiruvananthapuram and Roorkee.
Books for CSIR-UGC NET Exam Preparations: Buy the below mentioned recommended books online by debit card/credit card/net banking /cash on delivery:
General Paper on Teaching & Research Aptitude paper
Truemans UGC NET Paper
UGC NET Economics Paper
Previous Years’ Papers Solved Paper I, II & III
UGC NET/SLET Economics and Other Competitive Exam
RPH UGC-NET Economics Guide Paper II & III Hindi
UGC.NET/SET: Sociology Guide Paper II & III Hindi
UGC NET SET Sociology Guide
Book for UGC-NET: History
Book for UGC-NET: Home Science
Book for UGC-NET: Hindi
Trueman’s UGC NET Hindi Literature
Hope the above information will help you prepare better for the comming UGC NET examinations